Today, Canto announced the release of the new Cumulus 9, which will be available at the beginning of October 2013. Numerous changes await you – for example, a new web-based user interface, collaboration features and enhanced functionalities for video management. The new version also offers important updates for the improvement of the server performance.
The versatile possibilities, which enable the integration of Cumulus into other systems with the CIP Canto Integration Platform, are particularly interesting. This enables, for example, the linking of programmes for enterprise resource planning and accounting, content management systems or collection databases with Cumulus, in order to complement them with important functions that make it possible to work more efficiently with graphic and media datasets.
Cumulus 9 contains a large number of innovative functionalities and improvements:
- New Cumulus Web-based User Interface – The new user interface for the web client meets the requirements for an end-user oriented user interface that offers stable functionalities at the same time.
- Upload Links – Cumulus users can send upload links to external employees, photographers, cameramen or freelancers. They can upload the files directly to Cumulus with the drag & drop function without having their own Cumulus user account.
- Cumulus Video Cloud – It enhances the current editing functions for the tagging, searching and cataloguing of videos in Cumulus. Videos can be converted and streamed.
- Cumulus Video Converter – This component of the Cumulus Video Cloud makes it possible to convert uploaded video data sets into standard formats such as FLV, WMV, MP4, MP3, 3GP etc. with a single click, and is able to prepare them as download links.
- Cumulus Video Streaming – As part of the Cumulus Video Cloud, Cumulus Video Streaming automatically recognises the equipment of the user and the available connection speed and ensures optimal quality for the streaming of videos.
- RoboFlow UI – The recently updated Workflow Management user interface improves the system administrators’ experience.
- Improved Server Performance – Tests showed an increase in the speed of server performance by up to 30 %.
We would be happy to consult with you in order to find the solution that best suits your needs, and to set it up according to your conception.
In the most cases, Cumulus is run from the user’s own in-house server. According to your wishes, we can also offer you external hosting and Cloud solutions.
Cumulus 9 will be available from the beginning of the fourth quarter of 2013.
You do not only purchase licences from CDS Gromke e.K. We provide you with your complete individual DAM solution, from the conception to the sale of licences, adaptive programming, installation, setup and maintenance. We would be delighted to start working on your system.