Canto Cumulus Single User 8.6.1
Canto has recently released the Cumulus Single User version in Version 8.6.1, which is compatible with Windows 8 and OS X Mountain Lion.
You will find a demo version in our download section.
For you as user, the most important information is that the update is free as long as you have already purchased Version 8.
Below we will give you a short instruction how you can update from different versions:
- C8.5 / C8.5.1 / C8.5.2 / C8.6 –> C8.6.1: Please download version 8.6.1 from our website and update your old version. The serial number can be used provided you are in possession of such a license.
- C8.0 / C8.1 –> C8.6.1: Please download version 8.6.1 from our website and update your old version. You will be provided with a demo serial number automatically. Please contact us using the support contact form if you want to upgrade to the newest version from Version 8.0 or 8.1, and we will provide you with a new serial number free of charge. Please replace the demo serial number by the new one.
- C6.x / MediaDex 1/2 –> C8.6.1: All users, who have an older version than 8.0 we can offer a cheap upgrade for 199,- EUR only, plus postage and VAT. You can order one in our online shop. The old version should be deinstalled. Do not forget to back up your catalogues. We advise to update your catalogues by taking “file/administration/migrate catalogues”.
- C5.x –> C8.6.1: Users of Cumulus 5.x we offer a full version for 349,- EUR only, plus postage and VAT, which is available in our online shop. You can use your old catalogues how it is described above.
For those, who haven’t got a Cumulus Single User licence yet, they can download a test version and try out. Two catalogues with 50 records each can be created. If you like you can buy a licence in our online shop. Finally, it is just necessary to replace the demo serial number with your new one. Additionally, you will get a six month e-mail-support.
Let us remind the new features of version 8.5 and 8.6:
New supported formats:
- Multilingual metadata
- Better arranged user interface in the records pane
- Improved Uninstaller
- Dynamic field values for multilingual content
- Saves multilingual search requests
- Dynamic display of categories in several languages
- Icon display of embedded metadata in thumbnails (IPTC, XMP, EXIF, …)
- New field-value validators for almost all field types
- Support for IPTC 1.1
- Creates new data sets without assets using CSV Import
- Compatible with Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Server 2003 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (newest patches recommended)
- ePub files – including preview and reading of metadata
- Google WebP image format
- WMA audio files – supported through the WMV filter
- ICC support for PDF files – reads ICC profiles from PDF files
- EXIF support for EPS files – extracts EXIF metadata from EPS files (for instance, generated by Photoshop)
- That was the denkmal / MUTEC 2022 28. November 2022
- Berliner Philharmoniker switch to NetX 16. November 2022
- Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau uses easydb 1. November 2022
- Multispectral digitization with CHARISMA 1. May 2022
- Digital Asset Management with NetX 15. April 2022